Dr. Jules Nolan
Dr. Nolan is the past president of the Minnesota School Psychology Association, chairwoman of the Issues in Human Diversity Committee for International School Psychology Association, and adjunct Faculty Minnesota State University, Departments of Psychology and Special Education. She is also the co-author of Real World, Real Challenges: Adolescent Issues in Contemporary Society, a college textbook on adolescent psychology. Dr. Nolan has worked as a School Psychologist, Assessment Consultant, Evaluator and Trainer since 2008, performing duties including teacher in-services, mental and behavioral health intervention, qualification for special education services, social and emotional learning, Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports, Nurtured Heart Approach, MindUp Curriculum, and more.
Dr. Nolan has been an invited speaker at local, state, national, and international conferences and provides trainings in a variety of school and mental health related topics for teachers, parents, and students. A product of private school herself, she is a graduate of Sacred Heart Catholic School in Adams, Minnesota. Together with her husband Mike, Jules has raised 3 (now adult) children who continue to make her proud every day.
Dr. Nolan is author or co-author of the following:
- Service-Learning in Developing Nations in W. Reichman (Eds.), Industrial and organizational psychology help the vulnerable: Serving the underserved. Basingstoke, UK: Palgrave Macmillan.
- School Psychologists’ Self-perception of Multicultural Competence. Trainers Forum, 31(1), 7-20.
- An Assessment of Resiliency and Life Satisfaction in High School-aged Students in Belize. International Journal of Psychological Studies. 6(4), 115-122.
- International Experience in Multicultural School Psychology. The Newspaper of the National Association of School Psychologists. 36, 33.
- District-wide Approach to Social Emotional Learning: Standards, benchmarks and student assessment. Workshop presentation for International School Psychology Association, Sao Paulo, Brazil. June 2015.
- Woman of Courage and Vision (2009) Peer nomination and university recognition from the office of the President at MSU-M for women in leadership roles at Minnesota State-Mankato.